[clfswm-devel] CLFSWM licence change?

Stayvoid stayvoid at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 21:33:33 UTC 2012

I'm advocating for the GNU GPLv3 or any future version.

> And that's my main issue against the GPL. I don't understand the
> license. It is *way* too complex for my tiny little brain to
> understand.
It's written in such way to protect users' (including the author)
freedom from various legal tricks.
Watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5G7FU5j2Uc

> I don't even know what I'm allowed to do in the contributions directory.
You can ask the FSF: http://www.fsf.org/about/contact/email

The main goal of the GNU GPL is to protect people from the proprietary
software. If you let them to use some non-free programs, then you'll
support the proprietary software. There are a lot of people who don't
understand the importance of the free software. The GNU GPL is a hack
to protect their freedom too.

Cheers.