[clfswm-devel] CLFSWM with gnome?

Geoffrey Ferrari geoffrey.ferrari at lmh.ox.ac.uk
Thu Dec 13 10:21:34 UTC 2012

Since the latest 1212 release of CLFSWM, I can, in fact, run gnome3 with CLFSWM. This allows me to use all the usual gnome helper utilities e.g. gnome-screensaver, gnome-settings-daemon, gnome-keyring-daemon, etc.

In case anyone else wants this, I include details of my setup below.

Geoffrey

First, I build the clfswm executable in the normal way and install to /usr/local/bin/clfswm. Then I have the following files/contents:

FILE:/usr/share/xsession/clfswm.session
[Desktop Entry]
Encoding=UTF-8
Name=clfswm with gnome
Name[en_US]=clfswm with gnome
Comment=A(nother) Common Lisp FullScreen Window Manager
Terminal=false
Exec=/usr/bin/gnome-session-clfswm
TryExec=gnome-session

[Window Manager]
SessionManaged=true

FILE:/usr/bin/gnome-session/clfswm
#!/bin/bash

exec gnome-session --session=clfswm "$@"

exit

FILE:/usr/share/gnome-sessions/sessions/clfswm.session
[GNOME Session]
Name=clfswm
RequiredComponents=gnome-settings-daemon;
RequiredProviders=windowmanager;notifications;
DefaultProvider-windowmanager=clfswm
DefaultProvider-panel=clfswm
DefaultProvider-notifications=notification-daemon

FILE:/usr/share/applications/clfswm.desktop
[Desktop Entry]
Encoding=UTF-8
Type=Application
Name=clfswm
Comment=A(nother) Common Lisp FullScreen Window Manager
Exec=clfswm

--
Geoffrey Ferrari
Lecturer in Philosophy