[clfswm-devel] CLFSWM with gnome?

Philippe Brochard pbrochard at common-lisp.net
Tue Dec 11 21:10:29 UTC 2012

> Dear CLFSWM developers,

Hi,

> Thanks for all your work. Hackable lisp window managers make me happy - and
> productive.

Nice to hear.

> I currently use StumpWM, but I'm intrigued by your project and would like to
> try it out more seriously. In particular, I'd really like to be able to use
> CLFSWM as the window manager in a gnome3 session. Currently, however, that
> doesn't seem to work so well - I attach a copy of my .xsession-errors.

I think clfswm cannot run with gnome3 for now. I haven't tried that and
there is no code to make it run with gnome3. Maybe someone else have
had success. But I don't know.

> Are others already using CLFSWM with gnome-session? If that's not yet possible,
> will it become possible?

It maybe possible in a next release. But I think there is a lot of work
to make CLFSWM communicate with outside technologies (ie gnome3, dbus...).

> Thanks again,

Sorry for the answer. There is some work do be done!

> Geoffrey Ferrari

Philippe