[clfswm-devel] How to handle transient windows (was: Navigation inside multiple frames setup ?)

Philippe Brochard pbrochard at common-lisp.net
Fri Apr 25 23:57:24 UTC 2008

Xavier Maillard writes:

> Speaking of aMSN, my sister often offers me to see her webcam.
> The problem is that this window is a transient window. How can I
> manage such window to force it to go in a particular frame ?

I've add in the last svn revision the ability to choose what window
type to handle.
To handle the webcam window, you just need to say to its frame that it
must handle the transient window type:

second_mode -> f(rame) -> w(indow type) -> a(ll)
                                        or m(odify) for more control

Or this can be done automatically with a hook.

Also, I've planed for the next revision to manage transient windows
with the mouse (they are already a little manageable with the keyboard
with center and force to move in frame).

Hope that helps,

Regards,

Philippe

--