[clfswm-devel] Navigation inside multiple frames setup ?

Xavier Maillard xma at gnu.org
Tue Apr 8 00:00:07 UTC 2008

   > What's the best way to navigate inside such a setup. Say I have 3
   > frames with several windows by frame. I do not want to have to
   > Alt-Tab each window in each frame each time I am switching :)

   The fast answer: use your mouse :)

I do not like this idea. In fact, I am using CLFSWM exclusively
with keyboard. I tried to resize frames with the mouse but I
failed at it (I did not find what combo to use :))

   In fact, now with multiple frame level I try to have max to 3 windows
   in the same frame (most of the time 2) and I organize them so that I
   can switch easily between them.

I am using an EEE PC (by Asus) here and I *must* organize my
windows carefully. In fact it is pretty simple, I am almost
fullscreen for all.

The frame feature will allow me to setup pre-defined frames:

- Net (opera, firefox)
- IM (actually aMSN to discuss with my syster)
- work (xterm and/or screen)
- emacs

The root frame is used as a "decoration" here. All other frames
are children of the root frame.

Speaking of aMSN, my sister often offers me to see her webcam.
The problem is that this window is a transient window. How can I
manage such window to force it to go in a particular frame ?

   You can also bind a key to a particular child
   (with Alt+1/2/3/4+Return) and jump to it with (Alt+1/2/3/4+Tab).

WOnderful ! Is it new ?

	Xavier
--
http://www.gnu.org