[cl-typesetting-devel] Re: [cl-pdf-devel] Exscribe + CL-Typesetting

Denis Mashkevich nedenis at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 22:32:57 UTC 2007

I have to add that there's nothing to be excited about at the moment -
this is just a quick hack to get _some_ pdf output out of exscribe;
that said, development is under way, please expect major changes in
the coming weeks. Hopefully this will complement cl-typesetting
functionality nicely.

One major shortcoming of cl-typesetting that is holding
exscribe-typesetting back is the lack of the mechanism to place
footnotes on the page they belong. If nothing is planned in this
regard by cl-typesetting developers, I will implement  it - and I will
be grateful for any thoughts and pointers on how to go about it
(concering algorithms and cl-typesetting architecture).

Thanks to Marc and other cl-pdf and cl-typestting developers for the
wonderful libraries; same to Faré for exscribe.

Denis.

[cc'ed to cl-pdf-devel]