[cl-typesetting-devel] Re: cl-pdf vs the fasl cache

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 00:25:48 UTC 2005

On 8/28/05, Marc Battyani <marc.battyani at fractalconcept.com> wrote:
>> The dreaded day when scribe ceased to work in debian has arrived at
>> last, and I've decided that my upgrade path would be cl-typesetting,
>> not skribe.
>
> Cool. So now I'm waiting for the scribe syntax front-end for
> cl-typesetting.
> ;-)

Hey, hopefully :-) Though my goal is not 100% backward compatibility with
the original scribe syntax (Skribe doesn't have it either), only a way to
integrate all my scribe files into a new CL-based setting -- I expect I'll
have to update my files a bit.

>>(defparameter *afm-files-directories*
>>  (when #.*load-pathname*
>>    (list (merge-pathnames #P"afm/*.afm" #.*load-pathname*)))
>>  "The directory containing the Adobe Font Metrics files for the 14
>>predefined fonts")
>
> OK why not. At first glance, I don't see any problem with this. So I will
> put this unless somebody has a reason not to.

Thanks!

> When I generate some documents both in HTML and pdf, I generally use 2
> rather different kind of layouts styles. So I write 2 sets of functions.
Sure. And Scribe was precisely but a big switch around several sets of
functions that would dump html, text or buggy latex from a same document.

Still, do you have something published or publishable regarding a functional
interface to generating either HTML or PDF from a same document?

> This reminds me that I should commit the changes and fix I've got to the
> cl-pdf and cl-typesetting repositories. I will try to do it in the next few
> days :)
Great!

Les élections qui garantissent une société libre ne se votent pas
avec des voix, mais avec les pieds, les mains et les dollars.
		-- Faré