[cl-typesetting-devel] Tables with variable column widths

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Sat Apr 9 21:46:31 UTC 2005

[Trying to post via my cell phone - hope it works.]

On Fri, 8 Apr 2005 18:55:47 +0200, "Marc Battyani" <marc.battyani at fractalconcept.com> wrote:

> Something like this will give you the width:
> (compute-boxes-natural-size (content cell) #'dx)

Thanks, this works fine if I use the default font.  However, the two
following forms

  (compute-boxes-natural-size
   (boxes (compile-text (:font "Times-Bold") "foo")) #'dx)

  (compute-boxes-natural-size
   (boxes (compile-text (:font "Times-Roman") "foo")) #'dx)

evaluate to the same result.  I would have expected the first one to
return a larger width.  How can I compute the width if I want to take
the font into account?

Thanks,
Edi.