[cl-typesetting-devel] Q: How to disable hyphenation and kerningglobally?

Marc Battyani marc.battyani at fractalconcept.com
Mon Feb 9 17:59:29 UTC 2004

Hi Dmitri,

> | Is there any way to switch off these two facilities? I endeavor to
> | make PDF file size smaller.

??

> I meant to ask about the three things:
> - usual word wrapping behavior but without trying to hyphenate,
> - usual TJ adjustment between words but without kerning between
characters,
> - respecting newline characters.

Have a look at #'put-source-code-string that does most of this.
As the name implies it's meant to typeset source code text. For more general
text I can't see why you would like to disable char kerning ?

Hyphenation would benefit from a special variable holding the language (or
nil) and functions/macros to deal with it (set-hyphenation-language,
with-no-hyphenation, etc.)

Marc