Fwd: [cl-smtp-devel] Re: Encoding issues

Leslie P. Polzer leslie.polzer at gmx.net
Fri Aug 15 20:00:13 UTC 2008

Very nice, thanks for the repo. The branch mismatch is easy to fix,
of course. The word encoding problem seems to be a bit more serious,
though:

>>  2. .qprint-encode/utf-8-email-subject doesn't do what it should
>>     for me. Consider:
>> ..[snip]..
>>
>> So it doesn't really do anything, and the regex doesn't seem
>> to match any word...
>
> this regex works fine for me. what cl-ppcre are you using? I'm using
> the one from
>
>   http://bknr.net/svn/ediware
>
> I don't know if this could have a difference...

This is weird. I just tested on two machines, both of them
with cl-ppcre 1.3.2. The following snippet:

  (cl-ppcre:regex-replace-all "\\S+" "Hello, world!"
    (list (lambda (word) "MATCH")) :simple-calls t)

returns "Hello, world" on one and "MATCH MATCH" on the other...

  Leslie