[cl-smtp-devel] Re: Encoding issues

Nick Allen rflug05 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 9 11:32:02 UTC 2008

On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 12:38 AM, Nick Allen <rflug05 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I haven't managed to use a charset different from latin1
>> (like UTF8 or latin15), but that's okay for the time being.
>
> Hello Leslie
>
> I managed to get utf-8 working with SEND-EMAIL w/ the following
>
>   http://paste.lisp.org/display/64693

using this code user invites (a user invites another user to a
service) got most of our emails stuck in spam filters

I've amended the paste

   http://paste.lisp.org/display/64693#1

I'm not an expert on any of this (in fact I really know nothing about
email at all, most of this was accomplished w/ late-night guess and
checking), but this code has got 300+ sometimes-ASCII-sometimes-UTF-8
invites sent successfully over the last 3 days w/out any problems
except for some what we think are some misconfigured mail-servers in
Poland.

take care

Nick