[cl-ppcre-devel] Questions regarding cl-unicode

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 15 10:07:47 UTC 2009

Hi Edi,

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 9:42 PM, Edi Weitz <edi at agharta.de> wrote:
> Sorry for the delay.  It's fine with me if you distribute CL-UNICODE
> with ECL and I also think there should be no licensing issues.

Great to read that.

> CL-PPCRE is used in a couple of places for parsing.  These could be
> replaced with hand-crafted parsers, but it'd be a bit of work to do
> that a) correctly, b) without blowing up the code base enormously, and
> c) without significant sacrifices w.r.t. speed.  Having said that, I'm
> open to accepting patches to get rid of this dependency... :)

I think I will leave that for the end. I am now learning the
normalization algorithms to implement string equality comparisons
using cl-unicode as-is. Once it passes the test suites, I hope to move
to string collation and then look on things related to dependencies,
databases, etc. As I said, my goal is to integrate this in cl-unicode,
so if and when I get moving I will send patches either to you or to
the mailing list.

Juanjo

--
Instituto de Física Fundamental, CSIC