[cl-ppcre-devel] Questions regarding cl-unicode

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Wed Jan 14 20:42:34 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 1:56 PM, Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll
<juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com> wrote:

> 4) Integration and shipping of cl-unicode with different
> implementations, if possible. I would be interested on having
> CL-UNICODE as a contributed package in the ECL source tree, so that it
> can be activated with a simple configuration option. I believe there
> are no license issues, and there is only the problem that CL-UNICODE
> depends on CL-PPCRE (is this dependency essential? could it be
> eliminated?)

Hi Juanjo,

Sorry for the delay.  It's fine with me if you distribute CL-UNICODE
with ECL and I also think there should be no licensing issues.

CL-PPCRE is used in a couple of places for parsing.  These could be
replaced with hand-crafted parsers, but it'd be a bit of work to do
that a) correctly, b) without blowing up the code base enormously, and
c) without significant sacrifices w.r.t. speed.  Having said that, I'm
open to accepting patches to get rid of this dependency... :)

Cheers,
Edi.