[cl-ppcre-devel] Porting to Genera, feature request

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Thu Sep 16 08:53:04 UTC 2004

Hi Patrick!

On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 13:27:23 -0400 (EDT), "Patrick O'Donnell" <pao at ascent.com> wrote:

> I'm doing development on Genera, and there were several issues with
> compiling cl-ppcre, mostly due to Genera not quite being ANSI
> compliant.

If you send a #+/#- patch to make compilation on Genera work I'll
gladly integrate it.

> I finally got it to compile and ran the test.  Some (21)
> of the tests failed.  Most of the failures, I've noted are based on
> assumptions about character codes that do not hold for Genera
> (e.g. test 432 -- line termination (char-code #\Return) -> #o215,
> not #o12.)  The others I haven't thoroughly investigated.  I believe
> that I'll be able to use the limited features I need, and if I run
> into trouble, I'll let you know.

I can't do anything about these assumptions because CL-PPCRE purports
to be Perl-compatible but I'd be glad to add a note to the docs or the
README file about these (expected) failures on Genera if you send
details - preferably as a patch do the README file. (I've bought an
Alpha and a copy of Open Genera some months ago but haven't yet had
the time to install it - let alone to play with it. Sigh...) Let me
know if there are any other problems.

> The feature that I'd like to see relates to your s-expression parse
> tree capability.  I'd like to abstract sub-parse-trees.

Thanks. I've just released a new version which incorporates your
patch. I've changed the API a little bit such that you also have a
functional interface to these synonyms - see the docs. I've also
wrapped the macro with EVAL-WHEN because it might break compiler
macros otherwise.

Cheers,
Edi.