[cl-pdf-devel] a small patch, perhaps

Marc Battyani marc.battyani at fractalconcept.com
Mon Oct 31 23:32:32 UTC 2005

Aleksandar Bakic wrote:

> On SBCL, I have found a way: using arrays of (unsigned-byte 8) instead of
> strings of (unsigned-byte 8). That would require using vector-push-extend
> instead of write-byte. Once you have a binary array, write-sequence dumps
it
> nicely into a file; whereas, if it were a binary string, that would not
work in
> SBCL for some reason (maybe it will in the future).
>
> > Anyway let's finish the Unicode stuff first. I'm working on the
> > unicode-encoding now.
>
> Great, I am looking forward to it (and am not sure what is all there to
> finish).

I've almost finished. In fact there is a problem with the ufm file. This
file does not contains the bounding boxes for the characters. So both the
afm and ufm files must be parsed.

> I am also trying to generate PDFs dynamically using cl-typesetting in
> the meantime.

Good idea, it's made for that. ;-)

> Are all those macros involving *document*, *page*, etc.,
> necessary? Could some of them be turned into functions?

It's always possible but then you will have to create lambda functions to
pass to them.
Maybe a functional version in addition to the macros would be good.

> I would also like if it
> were possible to link objects (even) later (I am happy to notice that the
PDF
> macros do not generate PDF result immediately, unlike many HTML-generating
> libraries), so that I can build pieces of a documents independently and
then
> compose them. Now, I cannot just build a page, because whenever I make an
> instance of indirect-object (sub)class, *document* is used for linking...
(or
> something along those lines).

I don't see where is the problem, do you have an example.

Marc