[cl-pdf-devel] cl-pdf examples not working in cmucl 19a

Peter Seibel peter at javamonkey.com
Wed Aug 18 20:57:35 UTC 2004

"Marc Battyani" <marc.battyani at fractalconcept.com> writes:

> At least one cl-pdf user uses radix 16 by default. So the pdf files
> were not very readable by acrobat ;-) But you are right,
> *print-readably* should be nil.

Seems like The Right Thing would be to define something like this
macro:

  (defmaco with-pdf-io-syntax (&body body)
    `(with-standard-io-syntax
       (let ((*print-readably* nil))
         , at body)))

and then use it where appropriate. Then if it turns out that we also
want to bind some other printer control variable differently than
standard-io-syntax we just change the definition of this macro and
we're done.

-Peter

Peter Seibel                                      peter at javamonkey.com