[cl-objc-devel] Stack overflow when compiling cl-objc

Jianshi Huang jianshi.huang at gmail.com
Sat Dec 1 06:02:21 UTC 2007

Hi,

I got stack over flow error when doing asdf:load-op cl-objc. I think I
need your help.

I'm using SBCL 1.0.12.3 (the latest :) on OS X Leopard x86.

Here's the error message:

----------------------

Compiling CLOS bindings for Foundation framework in /Users/
huangjianshi/.sbcl/site/cl-objc/src/frameworks/Foundation-CLOS.lisp
Control stack guard page temporarily disabled: proceed with caution

debugger invoked on a SB-KERNEL::CONTROL-STACK-EXHAUSTED in thread
#<THREAD "initial thread" {13E43A59}>:
Control stack exhausted (no more space for function call frames).
This is probably due to heavily nested or infinitely recursive
function calls, or a tail call that SBCL cannot or has not optimized
away.

Type HELP for debugger help, or (SB-EXT:QUIT) to exit from SBCL.

restarts (invokable by number or by possibly-abbreviated name):
0: [RETRY ] Retry performing #<ASDF:LOAD-OP NIL {13F151C1}> on
       #<ASDF:CL-SOURCE-FILE "generate-frameworks-bindings" {1404E311}>.
1: [ACCEPT] Continue, treating #<ASDF:LOAD-OP NIL {13F151C1}> on
       #<ASDF:CL-SOURCE-FILE "generate-frameworks-bindings" {1404E311}>
       as having been successful.
2: [ABORT ] Exit debugger, returning to top level.

(SB-KERNEL::CONTROL-STACK-EXHAUSTED-ERROR)
0] 2
Control stack guard page temporarily disabled: proceed with caution