[cl-json-devel] Latest Parenscript breaks cl-json

Henrik Hjelte henrik at evahjelte.com
Sun Dec 7 23:28:07 UTC 2008

On Sun, Dec 7, 2008 at 11:04 PM, Leslie P. Polzer
<sky at viridian-project.de> wrote:

>> There was some talk on this list [1, 2] about altogether removing the
>> dependency on Parenscript.  (Indeed, SYMBOL-TO-JS[-STRING] is the
>> only feature that CL-JSON makes recourse to.)  I'm in the middle of
>> preparing a set of patches which do that, among other (more
>> substantial) things.  But anyway, many thanks for pointing out the
>> change.
>
> From what I gather here this will take you at least a few days.
>
> Can you apply my fix? This problem prevents clbuild users from
> running Weblocks.

I have now removed the dependency of parenscript, so it should work.
I copied some code from an old branch of parenscript, it does not seem
to be very optimized so even better code from Boris is welcome.

By the way Boris, I get three errors when I run the tests of the style:
SB-MOP:CLASS-SLOTS called on #<STANDARD-CLASS GOO>, which is not yet finalized.
Maybe you can take a look at this, then I guess it should be time for
a new release soon...

Thanks,
Henrik