[cffi-devel] SBCL-1.0.58 / CFFI crash

Ryan Pavlik rpavlik at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 14:32:10 UTC 2012

On Sun, Nov 4, 2012 at 12:45 PM, Luís Oliveira <luismbo at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 6:51 PM, Ryan Pavlik <rpavlik at gmail.com> wrote:
>> This works without error on earlier versions of SBCL as well as CCL,
>> but it's unclear whether something bad is happening silently.
>>
>> Am I doing something wrong here, or is there a bug in CFFI or SBCL?
>
> Sounds like an SBCL-specific bug from your description. FWIW, I don't
> see a crash on SBCL 1.1.1.7 on darwin/x86_64. If you're still having
> this problem, a good step would be to reproduce the crash using plain
> SB-ALIEN. (Macroexpanding the CFFI definition should get you most of
> the way there.)

Oh right .. forgot I posted this .. this was in fact an SBCL bug,
which should be fixed in 1.1.1; this was the "stack allocation
prevented by high DEBUG" issue.  Workarounds are either not declaring
DYNAMIC-EXTENT or locally declaring DEBUG to be <=1.

thanks,

--
Ryan Pavlik <rpavlik at gmail.com> | https://github.com/rpav
425.220.9585