[cffi-devel] :ensure-float? Was I dreaming?

Ken Tilton kentilton at gmail.com
Wed May 17 19:24:50 UTC 2006

Yo, dawgs! Lissen up... sorry, too much American Idol.

Here's the deal. One of my bindings was not working because the parameter
was float and I was passing a fixnum. Coerced to a float and all was groovy.
Two things:

1. Minor question: I coulda swore the first time I fixed this I dug around
and discovered :ensure-float and used that in my DEFCFUN. The second time I
ran into it I went looking for :ensure-float and could not find it. Found
:ensure-XXX for a couple other things in the UFFI-compat bit. Maybe it was
one of the XXXs. No big.

2. Am I missing something? Is there some reason we cannot have an
ensure-float? Is it one of those deals where for some obscure reason
unbeknownst to me there is no reliable way to guess what is needed and
programmers need to Just Provide the Right Type?

thx, kenny