[cffi-devel] defcallback ignores ignorable <g>

Luís Oliveira luismbo at gmail.com
Sun May 14 13:13:47 UTC 2006

On 2006-maj-14, at 03:45, Luís Oliveira wrote:
> Hmm, we're putting the declarations in the wrong place.

Ok, assuming that placing the declarations /after/ the translations
take place is the right thing to do, I have a fix for this.

All that poking at the declarations to figure out ignored arguments
is unnecessary now though. It only works as a (silly?) optimization
right now: arguments declared ignored won't have their (possibly
expensive) translations applied.

Since the user could avoid the (possibly expensive) translation by
simply using a primitive type instead, does anyone think this
optimization is worthwhile or should we remove the respective ~20
lines of code from src/functions.lisp?

--
Luís Oliveira
http://student.dei.uc.pt/~lmoliv/