[cffi-devel] defcallback ignores ignorable <g>

Ken Tilton kentilton at gmail.com
Sun May 14 03:49:11 UTC 2006

On 5/13/06, Luís Oliveira <luismbo at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2006-maj-13, at 23:56, Ken Tilton wrote:
> > As the subject suggests, methinks the defcallback macro knows about
> > IGNORE but not IGNORABLE. I use the latter a lot because of debug
> > statements that come and go.
>
> Hmm, we're putting the declarations in the wrong place.

That is just blind bad luck. I looked at the code and I was not joking when
I said it ignores IGNORABLE:

(defun collect-ignored-args (declarations)
  (loop for declaration in declarations
        append (loop for decl in (cdr declaration)
                     when (eq (car decl) 'cl:ignore)
                     append (cdr decl))))

Note that (declare (ignore)) works fine, so I think (declare (ignorable))
will go  in the right place if it is not ignored. By the macro. <g>

kt