[cffi-devel] Re: callback tests fail on sbcl 0.9.4 Linux x86

Andras Simon asimon at math.bme.hu
Tue Oct 18 17:08:37 UTC 2005

Luis Oliveira <luismbo at gmail.com> writes:

> On 10/out/2005, at 10:00, Immanuel Litzroth wrote:
> > That is the void callback bug, no? Is there any progress on this? I
> > would like
> > to try and port lambda-gtk to cffi-sbcl-linux and this is stopping me.
>
> Yes. There is a work-around:
>
> (eval-when (:compile-toplevel :load-toplevel :execute)
>     (setf sb-alien::*values-type-okay* t))
>
> Put that before declaring the void callbacks.

There's no need to do that anymore :)

0.9.5.64:
        Support callbacks with void return types.
        * Export SB-ALIEN:ALIEN-VOID-TYPE-P
        * Bind *VALUES-TYPE-OKAY* to T when parsing of the return type
        * Add test (+ another test for a x86-64 sign extension
        failure)

CFFI now passes all tests on SBCL Linux/x86.

Andras