[cells-gtk-devel] first steps

Peter Hildebrandt peter.hildebrandt at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 15:45:34 UTC 2011

Yes, Peter is correct. Cells-gtk only uses Cairo (and OpenGL for that
matter) for two widgets derived from the gtk canvas object.

You can deactivate both, there is a flag somewhere (either in features
or even in cells-gtk.asd, I forget). Once you deactivate the features,
the dependency disappears and all you lose are these two types of
widgets.

Cffi uses some sort of magic to locate the binaries. You will have to
compile the c file for windows (any c compiler should do if you have
the gtk headers installed). Or maybe someone can share a precompiled
windows version?

There is a feature to remove this, too. You will lose a bit more
functionality, editable listviws and treeviews for example.

Nice job moving this to QuickLisp - Thank you, Jakub!

Peter

Travelling and without access to a computer, so I can't check myself, sorry.

<fbogdanovic at xnet.hr> <fbogdanovic at xnet.hr> wrote:

>         System "cl-cairo2-win32" not found
>

> As it tuns out, quicklisp does not fully support loading cl-cairo2
> specific extensions on Windows. Additionally, I have no Windows-Lisp
> system and hence have not tested cells-gtk on Windows at all.
>
> You can disable the subsystem requiring cl-cairo2 by editing the file
> which can be located with:
>
> (asdf:system-relative-pathname (asdf:find-system :cells-gtk)
"features.lisp")