[cells-gtk-devel] Allegro 8.0 GUI multithreading

Peter Hildebrandt peter.hildebrandt at gmail.com
Sun Feb 1 15:29:33 UTC 2009

Hi,

Unfortunately I only have SBCL over here (linux), so here's a few
comments off the top of my head:

To understand your problem better, which platform are you on, linux or windows?

Have you tried using libcellsgtk?  When you're on linux, compiling it
is pretty straight forward, and for windows there are downloadable
versions.  Someone here might be able to provide a compiled version if
you give us specifics on your set up.

Have you activated cells-gtk's tracing?  Have a look at gtk-app.lisp
(I believe -- currently I am on an office machine with Win XP and no
development tools), there's a feature like "debug" or something which
you can use to activate tracing.  That might help, too.

Furthermore, how's bordeaux-threads with allegro on your platform?  Is
that all cleared (check the bordeaux-threads homepage).

If you send a trace (preferably the cells-gtk debug output) and some
more info on your environment, I might be able to give better advice.

Thanks,

Peter