[cells-gtk-devel] Patches

roberto roby.giana at tiscali.it
Thu Feb 28 16:33:46 UTC 2008

On Thursday 28 February 2008 10:14:34 am Peter Hildebrandt wrote:
> Hi Roberto,
>
> welcome aboard!  And don't worry, your English is just fine. (I'm not a
> native speaker either, though ;-)
>
> Anyway, as to the problem that you run into:  My first guess is that you
> need to rebuild the libcellsgtk thing:
>
> cd cells-gtk/gtk-ffi
> make
>
> You might need to move it to something like /usr/lib:
>
> sudo cp libcellsgtk.so /usr/lib/
>
> You might need to check whether you have an older version of
> libcellsgtk.so somewhere in you system:
>
> find / -name libcellsgtk.so
>
> For further debugging, please try
>
> (let ((*gtk-debug* t))
>    (start-win 'test-gtk))
>
> And send us the part of the output right before the error occurs.
>
> Let us know how things are going,
>
> Peter
>
> roberto wrote:
> > Hi Peter,
> > my name is Roberto, and I'm from Italy. First of all, thank you for what
> > u have done. Second ( but maybe first ), excuse me for my really BAD
> > english...! Third, the problem:
> > I have cells-gtk-2006-06-30. When I try to fire-up the gtk-demo,
> > everything' s okay, and so for other little gtk apps. But when I patch
> > the files with yours cgtk-full-08-01-19.patch, here where arises the
> > problem ! I had patched every files by hand, so I believe that the
> > problem is elsewhere.  In the repl ( I use emacs with slime ) I have this
> > message, after:
> > (require 'test-gtk)
> > (in-package :test-gtk)
> > (start-win 'test-gtk)
> >
> > Attempt to call an undefined alien function.
> >   [Condition of type SB-KERNEL: : UNDEFINED-ALIEN-FUNCTION-ERROR]
> > ("foreign function: call_into_lisp")
> > ("foreign function: funcall0")
> > ("foreign function: undefined_alien_function")
> >
> > Any idea? My links seems to work with the "old" version... Sorry again,
> > but I'm not a programmer... If u want, ask me if u need any other
> > informations . I run it all under Linux Mepis 2.6.22-1. Thank you very
> > much again, Roberto

Hi again, Peter.
Now I have this message, after I try:

(require 'bordeaux-threads)
(require 'test-gtk)
(in-package :test-gtk)
(start-win 'test-gtk)

The function CELLS-GTK: :GTK-TREE-STORE-SET-CELL is undefined.
      [Condition of type UNDEFINED-FUNCTION]

I take a look at the file gtk-utilities.lisp, and it's there......
This is really a can of worms, as you said! ;)