[cells-gtk-devel] new patch

Dmitri Hrapof hrapof at common-lisp.ru
Sat Mar 24 22:34:14 UTC 2007

Peter Denno пишет:
> Did you intend this patch as an addition to the cells-gtk distribution, or
> just an example of how to do drawing?

I intend this patch just as bunch of newly defined foreign functions
(especially in gtkglext and pango libraries) to save other people from
this hassle.

> What is cysgu about? It appears to only be (sleep .01), but is that a stub for
> something else?
>
> +		(loop
> +		 (loop while (gtk-events-pending) do
> +		       (gtk-main-iteration-do nil))
> +		 (funcall (cysgu app) app))

Oh, I even forgot it was there. You see, I started with cells and then
turned to plain GTK. The idea behind CYSGU ("to sleep" in Welsh, named
so to stand out of host of proper cells-gtk functions) is that
application (if there is no threads) has to SELECT on network sockets,
check files, standard input, perform CORBA ORB work etc. I asked on this
mailing list how to do it right, and Kenneth Tilton suggested the same
thing as I had initially supposed (i.e. CYSGU).

Sincerely yours,
Dmitri