[cells-gtk-devel] CLisp win32 FFI related errors

Shaun Kruger shaun.kruger at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 23:19:35 UTC 2006

I've been doing more reading and found a manual that describes
uffi:def-function syntax.  In my google searches I have found that
(uffi:def-function) sometimes has a :module "libsomething" value set.

The error I get from starting after doing (saveinitmem) and opening
lisp -M <newmemfile> is this:

[4]> (test-gtk::gtk-demo)
** - Continuable Error
FFI::FOREIGN-CALL-OUT: no dynamic object named "g_signal_connect_data" in
     library :DEFAULT
If you continue (by typing 'continue'): Skip foreign object creation
The following restarts are also available:
ABORT          :R1      ABORT

I found the definition of (uffi:def-function) for
g_signal_connect_data in gtk-ffi\gtk-utilities.lisp and it is missing
a :module value.

Would adding a :module value be a reasonable fix?

How does this fit in with the (cffi:define-foreign-library)
declarations in cgk-fii\gtk-ffi.lisp?
Is there any reason why the one for gobject is 'gobject instead of :gobject?
Changing it didn't make any difference to my problem...

If I make a call to (cells-gtk::load-gtk-libs) I get a
#<FOREIGN-POINTER> return, but then it fails with the following:

[8]> (test-gtk::gtk-demo)
*** - FFI::FOREIGN-CALL-OUT: #<INVALID FOREIGN-POINTER #x00000000> comes from
      a previous Lisp session and is invalid
The following restarts are available:
ABORT          :R1      ABORT

I'm trying everything I know how to figure out.  What else should I be
looking at?

Once again, thoughts and suggestions would be a real help.

Shaun Kruger
--
Visit my blog at http://hackerlog.blogspot.com