[cells-gtk-devel] cannot load "load.lisp"

Andras Simon asimon at math.bme.hu
Mon Jun 19 17:56:09 UTC 2006

On Mon, 19 Jun 2006, Vinay Reddy wrote:

>> Is the cffi package there in the tarball you downloaded? Can you try
>> to run its test-suite?
>
> Yes, cffi is in the tarball I downloaded. Sadly, I'm unable to run the
> test-suite. It couldn't find the package "ASDF". I'm sure it's a
> problem with paths, but I really don't know how/where to fix it :(

asdf.lisp must be in that tarball, too. Load that, and then load all
the files with .asd extension in the cffi directory (this is not the
usual procedure, but never mind), and say

(asdf:oos 'asdf:load-op :cffi)

If that works, try

(asdf:oos 'asdf:load-op :cffi-tests)

But wait! For this, you may need the rt (regression test) package,
it's here: http://files.b9.com/rt/rt.tar.gz It's got its own .asd
file, load that, too.

> I seem to be the only one with the FFI problem... I compiled my clisp
> from source (version 2.38). I even tried using --with-dynamic-ffi with
> the configure script, but that didn't help.

You still didn't tell us what CLISP says to (find-package "FFI").

In your other mail, you wrote that SBCL says NIL; but that wasn't the
question, since it was CLISP, not SBCL that gave you `there is no
package with name "FFI"'; SBCL's foreign function interface package is
called SB-ALIEN.

Andras