[cells-gtk-devel] New cells-gtk capabilities and new tarball

Peter Denno peter.denno at nist.gov
Mon May 30 14:16:18 UTC 2005

Hi,

I created a new tarball of cells-gtk available from the home page
http://common-lisp.net/project/cells-gtk/ . The tarball is currently synced
to what is in CVS. It contains some new things:

- ComboBoxes may now use a TreeModel, thus allowing a hierarchical arrangement
of items. The demo has an example of this under the "menus" tab.  You need to
build libcellsgtk to use TreeModel-style ComboBoxes.

- TreeBoxes may now specify :expand-all t  to allow the tree to initially
display completely expanded.

- There is a new procedure to find the gtk libraries. The path need be
specified in just one place: gtk-ffi/gtk-ffi.asd. (See details INSTALL.txt) I
had hopes that for at least some lisps, it would not be necessary to specify
the path to libraries at all. This doesn't seem to be the case. I'll
investigate more.

- Miscellaneous small improvements

- The tarball uses Cells 2.

I have tested this on cmucl and Lispworks/Linux. I have not tested it on
Windows yet because I don't have a windows box handy and VMWare isn't working
on my Linux box. So if you are running Windows, let me know how it goes.

--
- Best regards,
   Peter