[cells-gtk-devel] cells-gtk, win32 and Lispworks 4.4.5

Kenny Tilton ktilton at nyc.rr.com
Thu Jun 2 23:58:11 UTC 2005

Peter Denno wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I was able to compile and run cells-gtk under windows and lispworks 4.4.5
>without problems.

Great. This is probably something messed up on my system, probably by
installing some other software after I originally ported cells-gtk to
uffi/hello-c (when I was able to load gtk+ without a problem).

>- Running gtk+-2.4.14-setup.exe sets the PATH variable, so contrary to what it
>says in cells-gtk/INSTALL.TXT, you don't have to manually set this.

Maybe the installers are getting better? I suggest leaving at least a
note to check the PATH variable if there is a problem loading Gtk+ and
things are coming up not found.

>- I had to reboot to get lisp to recognize the change to the PATH variable. I
>suppose there is a easier way. I don't know anything about PCs.
>
>- I didn't try building libcellsgtk yet. It started loading cygwin tools (gcc
>and make) and a few of the supporting libraries (pango...) but there's still
>is more stuff to find.

I will take a crack at building the libcellsgtk.dll anyway, even tho I
won't be able to run it. :)

kenny

--
Cells? : http://www.common-lisp.net/project/cells/
Cello? : http://www.common-lisp.net/project/cello/

"Doctor, I wrestled with reality for forty years, and I am happy to state that I finally won out over it." -- Elwood P. Dowd