[cells-devel] Cells-devel: allow ECL support

Michael Raskin f9cef2aa at yandex.ru
Fri Jan 29 08:59:20 UTC 2010

On 01/29/2010 11:40 AM, Ramarren wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I pushed your patch to GitHub. I also tried running cells-gtk3 demo
> application on ECL, and it ran after I eliminated remains of UFFI
> dependency, since cffi-uffi-compat doesn't load. I pushed those fixes

I am currently convincing CFFI maintainers to accept either of two
two-line fixes for that UFFI dependency..

> also (although I'm not sure if ALLOC-COL-TYPE-BUFFER shouldn't be just
> deleted, since it seems to be either exported or used), and changed (/
> 3 0) in test application, since ECL just refused to compile it.

I guess you can just replace it with eval. Although that may lead to ECL
wanting GCC.

> The only problem left is that cl-glut sometimes throws a package error
> (something with exporting SPECIAL), but it works on RETRY.

I currently fail to understand what they are doing wrong. I fail to make
sense of Common Lisp standard meaning of their shadow statement.