[cells-devel] Re: [cells-gtk-devel] Re: Anything new for me to show off at ECLM 2008?

Ken Tilton kennytilton at optonline.net
Sat Apr 12 16:51:31 UTC 2008

Peter Hildebrandt wrote:
> BTW, do you have strong feelings about how to structure the cells-gtk
> tree?

It's all yours. Maybe see if Peter Denno has some thoughts.

> Those issues aside, doing repl stuff while having a gui up is really
> neat, isn't it?

"indistinguishable from magic" springs to mind.

I was really happy when someone opened my eyes to special variables and
let me make dependency transparent, mostly for ease of coding, partly to
baffle the unitiated. :)

> Wow, sounds like a great program.  It seems next time they could save
> the trouble of inviting other speakers, and just let you talk for the
> whole two days. :-)

That or two minutes, long enough to say, "Listen, just try it, there is
no way I can get this across to you." :)

Well, I saw a cool demo for JQuery or OpenLaszlo or something that built
something gee-whiz from scratch, I think I want to do that so they do
get more of a feel for the beast.