[cells-devel] [OpenAIR] Escape velocity?

Ken Tilton kennytilton at optonline.net
Fri Apr 11 21:47:16 UTC 2008

Ken Tilton wrote:
> I will play with this.

I get it! Hopefully this will be a great weekend, I am really going to
tear into what Andy has accomplished and see if I can rig up something
just a little more transparent.

What I see is a pattern with a page having an attribute of X and then a
widget for X that has a rule watching the parameter X. That works well
(again my deliberate withholding of Cells doc fails to stop an adopter!)
but I want to see if we can simply create a widget named X and have it
all Just Work, eliminating what is not all that bad, viz., creating a
parallel slot on the page instance. But that trick might get exciting if
we get into arrays/lists where a page has two Xs as children -- well, it
could be handled, but why not automate that?

It gets trickier because we want a two-way exchange here -- maybe we
have a c?n rule which when suitably provoked calculates a new initial
default based on the user selecting an entirely new something-else in
some other field. So sometimes when a value changes the Lisp model must
be told, and sometimes the ajax model must be told.

I think sorting /this/ out will make for a more interesting weekend and
possibly have me extending Cells a little.