[cells-devel] OpenAIR: Doesn't work for me any more ...

Frank Goenninger frgo at mac.com
Fri Apr 11 19:53:48 UTC 2008

Am 11.04.2008 um 21:45 schrieb Ken Tilton:
> Frank Goenninger wrote:
>> Am 11.04.2008 um 18:19 schrieb Ken Tilton:
>>>
>>> "I had to /move/ the js directory to the toplevel of my drive and
>>> rename the jsquery.what.ever.js as you suggested because of the
>>> symlink issue."
>>>
>>> FG probably does not have the symlink issue. How about a toplevel /
>>> js?
>> No, I don't have the issue (I am using a mature OS here ;-).
>> Please  don't introduce a toplevel /js - this "pollutes" the
>> directory  structure... I am installing apps under "/opt/app-name/"
>> - so OpenAIR  lives in /opt/common-lisp/openair and the JS
>> directory is /opt/common- lisp/openair/js - works really well.
>
> Hey, I am in monkey-mode over here, I saw the browser asking for "/
> js/openair.js" and I made it happen, I am just dying to see (+ cells
> ajax). Left for another day was whether I could have changed one of
> a dozen parameters incomprehensible to my monkey mind in order to
> get the browser to ask for a different file.

Real easy in hunchentoot. Eddi did it again, you know. ;-)

> How /are/ your browser/js skills, btw? I will start CCing you on
> questions that arise in that area in case you are on-line sooner
> than Andy and can throw me a banana.

Shoot! - Those skills are getting better every hour ... I have done
tabs in jQuery now in monkey style and digesting a ton of JS code
today...

I /am/ a beginner, though. So, you are warned - there will not be an
answer for each of your questions... But hey, never too old to have
some fun ! ;-)

Frank