[cells-devel] Lots of instances, callback when particular instance changes

Frank Goenninger frgo at mac.com
Sat May 5 22:23:41 UTC 2007

Am 06.05.2007 um 00:04 schrieb Josip Gracin:

> Frank Goenninger wrote:
>> You do - yet there is another approach I adopted from Kenny:
>
> Thanks!  Now I have to spend some time examining stuff you've
> written that I've never heard of before (such as with-
> integrity...). :-)

> Also, there doesn't seem to be anything named "defobserver" in the
> latest asdf-installable cells.  Has this become def-c-output perhaps?

You definitely should get the CVS sources from common-lisp.net! See
there for how to access the CVS repository... -

def-c-output (sort of) became defobserver ... Also, there's a big
chance you won't find with-integrity in the asdf-installable sources...

> Anyway, I was kind of trying to avoid sub-classing because I have
> lots of switches.  I'll have to re-think that decision.

Yeah, it took some time for me too to take that decision. And it
still is very situation/use case-dependent, so there's no "always go
that route" rule available, IMO. Still, I don't mind heaving a few
hundred classes defined in my Lisp programs (using AllegroCL 8 here).

Kenny is surprisingly quiet ... Maybe he's busy taking orders for his
new AlgebraOne software ;-)

Cheers
     Frank