[cells-devel] synapse, etc ...

Ken Tilton kennytilton at optonline.net
Sat Jul 28 22:09:21 UTC 2007

Jacques Mequin wrote:

> I have discovered "cells" while experimenting "cells-gtk"
>
> In fact, such declarative programming sounds to be applicable
> in various common usual software situations

Yes, I have used it quite a bit to do other things than manage a GUI,
though a GUI is an excellent example of where this sort of thing comes
in handy.

> However, some on them probably require to correctly
> understand "filters" built with "synapse"

Filters are nice, but I have not used them much, FWIW. In certain cases
they can help quite a bit with performance.

> I have tried the release cells_2.0 but the provided test cases
> that should help me to experiment are flagged "#+soon"
>
> I have then tried the current "cvs" tarballs but the "cells-test"
> package fails at various points

I just reran my own copy of TEST-CELLS and I had to fix just the last
one. OTOH, I have not been committing lately and am not sure I should
gven what I have been up to.

If you want help with the latest tarball from CVS on common-lisp.net
lemme know and I will grab it and and install that to see what is what.
As I warned you sepearately, this will be a much different Cells than
the one in Cells-GTk.

ken