[cells-devel] Cells III Call for Abuse <g>

Kenny Tilton ktilton at nyc.rr.com
Wed Feb 22 18:32:25 UTC 2006

Peter Denno wrote:

>Kenny,
>
>I'll give it a try in the context of cells-gtk. Perhaps not for a week or so
>though. Is this CVS HEAD on the common-lisp.net repository?

Ah, no, but you make a good point. I was thinking folks like Thomas
could just submit stuff that they think is nasty. But of course you will
want to try it out and enhance it if it fails to break things. :)

If you want to wait, it should only be a few days... nahh, I am moving
within the next five days, so add a two day delay for that. I might
email you a distro rather than commit to CVS, unless I think it looks
very solid.

Cells-GTk will be a good test. I have moved to Tk (atop LTk, but just
using its core) to get Aqua on OS X, and i have discovered that Tk is a
little sensitive to the order in which things get done. So I am
extending DEF-C-OUTPUT to give the user the ability to queue up actions
(such as talking to Tk) during any propagation and then at the end
administer them with a user callback. For Tk I will just sort the
actions to suit Tk.

GTk might not have the same problem, but if you have run into anything
help is on the way.

Thx for pitching in.