[cells-devel] Celtk: Button as kid of a canvas ...

Ken Tilton kentilton at gmail.com
Sun Dec 31 14:44:45 UTC 2006

Ken Tilton wrote:

> Frank Goenninger wrote:
>
>> Thanks, Thomas. That did the trick.
>>
>> Frank
>>
>> Am 29.12.2006 um 14:16 schrieb Thomas F. Burdick:
>>
>>> In Ltk, you'd do this by creating a canvas-window item on the canvas,
>>> then packing your button into that.  So the button is a child of a
>>> child of the canvas.  I'm guessing you can achieve the same effect in
>>> Celtk by making a canvas-window in the kids of the canvas, and your
>>> button in its kids.
>>

> Weird, right? Is this a Tk issue? A Cells issue? An issue arising out
> of the Lisp API to Tk? Follow the bouncing API....
>
> meanwhile, elsewhere you asked about parent-x on rectangles. You must
> be using some retarded "free" Lisp IDE. :)

Less obscurely and in case it helps to know how I sorted it out having
forgotten about parent-x/y, I used the ACL "find definitions" dialog to
look for definitions of parent-x and saw it was defined for widgets,
then I used the class browser to confirm that widget was not in the item
class precedence list. using 'quick find def' keychord I then bounced to
the item source and was reminded of "coords".

hth,kt