[cells-devel] Celtk: Button as kid of a canvas ...

Ken Tilton kentilton at gmail.com
Sun Dec 31 08:19:24 UTC 2006

Frank Goenninger wrote:

> Thanks, Thomas. That did the trick.
>
> Frank
>
> Am 29.12.2006 um 14:16 schrieb Thomas F. Burdick:
>
>> In Ltk, you'd do this by creating a canvas-window item on the canvas,
>> then packing your button into that.  So the button is a child of a
>> child of the canvas.  I'm guessing you can achieve the same effect in
>> Celtk by making a canvas-window in the kids of the canvas, and your
>> button in its kids.

Weird, right? Is this a Tk issue? A Cells issue? An issue arising out of
the Lisp API to Tk? Follow the bouncing API....

meanwhile, elsewhere you asked about parent-x on rectangles. You must be
using some retarded "free" Lisp IDE. :) parent-x is anttribute of
widgets. rectangles are items. items are not widgets. items use coords.

hth,kt