[cells-devel] New Cells User Feedback (includes patch!)

Peter Denno peter.denno at nist.gov
Sat Apr 23 00:33:49 UTC 2005

On Friday 22 April 2005 19:09, Kenny Tilton wrote:
> James,
>
> This is great feedback, and I agree with all of it. The only problem is
> that there is little active interest in Cells, other than my own use of
> it, so I am not worrying much these days about making the Cells project
> approachable to others.
>
> What I did with Cells-gtk was get a heavy user or two authorized as
> project admins so they could do things like fixing asdf-install.

I'd be one of those.

I'd be happy to apply this to cells-gtk. Is this what you were referring to
when you were referring to the "gui stuff" ?

I think I know the sort of problem you are trying to address here.

You might not see this in the distribution for a few weeks. Some time in May
I'm going to look into getting cells-gtk running on sbcl, among other things.

> I suggest you poke around and see if you want to use Cells for anything,
> and if so we can sort out the mess in CVS. I want to look at moving
> Cello out of the Cells project and back to the Cello project on c-l.net,
> and get cells out from under cells-culture back to being a top-level
> module of the Cells project.
>
> Of course Cells-gtk would then have to be told the new home of Cells
> (and utils-kt and hello-c), so it could be a messy week.

We have a tarball distribution to weather messy weeks.

> Which is why I
> will hold off until folks such as yourself pester me for, oh, two weeks
> straight. :)
>
> Thanks again for the input.
>
> kenny

Hey kenny is this really you? It looks like the shift key is starting to work
on your keyboard ;^)

- Best regards,
   Peter