[cells-devel] update: cells-gtk, cello/os x

Kenny Tilton ktilton at nyc.rr.com
Wed Dec 1 08:21:48 UTC 2004

OK, I have now largely succeeded in getting vasilis's cells-gtk running
under AllegroCL with UFFI as the FFI. Some rough edges remain, but with
lambda-gtk now out there (also on c-l.net) I feel like getting back to
Cello for OS X.

I plan to move vasilis's original CLisp-only source into the cells-gtk
project and make the UFFI version a separate module because I was really
hacking/slashing and have probably created some issues which should not
be allowed to ruin Vasilis's fine work.

As for Cello OS X, all library tests are functional under OpenMCL: Glut,
FTGL/FreeType, OpenAL, ImageMagick, and of course OpenGL. Tomorrow I
will try to resurrect the Fabulous Spinning Shape Demo.

Then I port back to win32 under AllegroCL and maybe Lispworks. With that
done I will hunker down with cvs and try to sort out the mess in the
repositories. I plan to make Cells just be Cells again, put cells-gtk
source under the cells-gtk project, then move everything else back into
the Cello project. (I know.) If anything, things like cl-magick and
cl-openal stand a chance of getting their own projects, perhaps even
cl-opengl and cl-ftgl. But that is down the road.

After that I want to try text-to-speech, perhaps by going directly at
OS-specific libraries instead of looking for a C project (Festival?)
already portable. That or something to read some standard XML or VRML
model format so things can be designed in a proper tool and then pulled
into Cello.

kenny

--
Cells? Cello? Celtik?: http://www.common-lisp.net/project/cells/