[cello-devel] Success ! See my screenshots!

Kenny Tilton ktilton at nyc.rr.com
Wed Mar 10 21:03:36 UTC 2004

Thomas F. Burdick wrote:

>Nope, logical pathnames won't work.  Dan Barlow has a nice rant on the
>subject here:
>
>  http://ww.telent.net/diary/2002/8/#26.82823
>
>To summarize:
>
>  (translate-logical-pathname #p"lib:libGL.dynlib")
>    => #p"/usr/X11R6/lib/libgl.dynlyb"

I love it. Well, I understand both Thomas and Frank have developed better ways of dealing with the hard-coded stuff I produced, as well as other changes/improvements/etc etc. We should merge our efforts, stabilize, CVS (Cells and Cello), ASDF-install, and carry on from there to other ports and <gasp!> documentation so those happy with their ports can just get on with developemnt. Well, I guess no one will get too far without scrolling, menus, textedit, etc. But that's the idea.

Frank has ported a second time from Portacello2 (PC2), so I bet I could merge easily from his source to produce PC3. Not sure how Thomas's asdf-install work will survive, since PC2 was quite a re-org.

Thoughts anyone?

kt

--
http://tilton-technology.com