[cello-devel] Success ! See my screenshots!

Frank Goenninger frank_goenninger at t-online.de
Mon Mar 8 18:43:48 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-03-08 at 19:20, Kenny Tilton wrote:
> Frank Goenninger wrote:
>
> >Hi all:
> >
> >I wanted to let you know that this is the first time I really have a
> >running CELLO (based on PortaCello 2.0) with animation and all...
> >
> Fantastic. Thanks so much for pulling this off. Did the light-panel demo
> work? That does not challenge the system further (famous last words) but
> it is fun. I plan to show it off at the Lisp NYC meeting tonight.

Light-panel demo still wo be included ... Right now I am searching for
the code as it is not in cello-test.lisp...

> Did you run into any nasty technical problems? I am sure the hard-coded
> paths and fonts continue to be an aggravation. Thomas mentioned he had
> moved that stuff into a config file, which would certainly help by
> giving folks one place to go to make changes.

I "enhanced" the cl-... modules by functions for setting the library
names. Additionally, I wrote a simple file "init.lisp" that sets those
libraries/dlls to be conforming to my environment.

> A nice enhancement on top
> of that would be to tackle the insane world of logical pathnames so that
> the config file has a bare minimum of entries. But logicals would be
> gravy and maybe not worth the pain and suffering.

Yeah - still a bit unsure about this. Right now plain strings/pathnames
are working ok. I am not yet into those logicals...

[SNIP]

> > Should I come up with something?
> >

> Yes, that would help a lot.

I am using RCS over here (predecessor of CVS, but simpler to use). I
am not very familiar with CVS yet.

> I am dying over here trying to really master
> OpenGL coordinate transformations once and for all. Well, not dying, I
> am actually starting to get a grip on the thing, but right now I am
> lucky to get a square to appear so I kinda have my head down on this.

Keep going. I am "digesting" that OpenGL Programming Guide currently
during my business travels by train.

> Congrats again, and I am celebrating again tonight. :)

I can't - the dentist gave orders not to drink and eat until next
morning ... Damn ;-)

> kenneth

CU Frank