[cello-devel] Trying to get Cello working on FreeBSD(ACL)

Kenny Tilton ktilton at nyc.rr.com
Fri Apr 23 15:00:08 UTC 2004

oyvin-cello at oyvins.net wrote:

>i:Exit  -:PrevPg  <Space>:NextPg v:View Attachm.  d:Del  r:Reply  j:Next
>?:Help
>Have anybody managed to load fonts using Linux or Freebsd with cl-opengl?
>
>I have managed to load:
>
>* asdf
>* uffi
>* cells
>* cl-opengl
>* cellocore (well, I shouldn't need this for the example below, but i loads
>  fine)
>
>but, the nehe14-demo crashes and gives:
>
>| CL-USER(3): (ogl::lesson-14)

>| #p"//usr/home/oyvin/programmering/lisp/cello/dvl/dynlib/libglut.so"
>|  #p"//usr/home/oyvin/programmering/lisp/cello/dvl/dynlib/libglut.so")
>| ; Foreign loading
>| /usr/home/oyvin/programmering/lisp/cello/dvl/dynlib/libglut.so.
>| glut state 2 0
>| "about to initialize"
>| "glut initialised"freeglut font 0x00000003 not found
>|

>and the lisp quits.

First, the "lisp quits" problem: That error comes from Freeglut, and I
think it does an exit which Lisp cannot intercept. If this becomes a
problem, we will have to talk to the FG people about changing that, or
just fork FreeGlut.

As for the font, that translates to glut_bitmap_8_by_13. But I see it is
the first font attempted by the lesson-14 demo, so I do not know whether
it is just a problem with that font on that version of Freeglut or
whether none of the fonts will work. You might try put
GLUT_BITMAP_HELVETICA_12 first. Or really track the problem down: look
for a definition of  fgFontFixed8x13 in freeglut_font_data.c Should be
there and look like this:

  const SFG_Font fgFontFixed8x13 = {
"-misc-fixed-medium-r-normal--13-120-75-75-C-80-iso8859-1", 93, 13,
Fixed8x13_Character_Map, -1.0f, 2.0f };

>Do I need to set any specific env-variables or something?
>
>I have tried to make a simpler version of the nehe-example provided, replacing
>the original matrix with a sphere (glut-wire-sphere), and that seems to work
>flawlessly (yeah).

congrats. :)

kenny

--