[boston-lisp] Scheme Workshop + Mitch-Wand-fest + BLM Lightning Talks

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 22:08:25 UTC 2009

Dear Boston Lisp Users,

I had been repeatedly announcing at our previous meetings that a
Scheme Workshop was to take place this year in Boston, but I realize
hadn't sent mail about it.

The Scheme Workshop 2009 is actually happening this week-end at
Northeastern University, followed by a Symposium in honor of Mitch
Wand.

The official registration deadline is passed since earlier this month,
but if you beg the proper person, you might get in.

For the Scheme Workshop 2009 this Saturday, see
http://users.csc.calpoly.edu/~clements/scheme-workshop-2009/
and contact John Clements <clements at brinckerhoff.org> ASAP.

For the Mitchfest this Sunday and Monday, see
http://www.ccs.neu.edu/events/wand-symposium/
and contact mitchfest-registration at ccs.neu.edu ASAP.

You might or might not get a lunch, but odds are you can participate still.

Since I'm announcing things, I might as well tell you that the two
Lightning Talk slots for the August 31st BLM have been filled. Will
speak: Gregory Marton about Teaching Linguistics through Programming
and Alex Plotnick about Gabriel's Gimmick, an odd little idiom for
(mis)using the sequence functions.
http://fare.livejournal.com/146665.html

However, you are welcome to apply to give a Lightning Talk at one of
the later BLMs.

While I am at it, you might or might not be interested in the Boston
Haskell meeting. The one yesterday was quite interesting.
   http://groups.google.com/group/bostonhaskell

I hope to see some of you soon at one of these events.

Politicians are like rats. What they steal for themselves is minuscule
compared to what they destroy getting it.