[anaphora-devel] aand only does the first argument?

Gary King gwking at metabang.com
Sun Jun 8 14:19:38 UTC 2008

Hi Nikodemus,

I agree with you but I wasn't aiming for flexibility. I was proposing
to use the *features* as a way to migrate from one semantics to
another b/c IMHO, aand should be like the one in On Lisp that binds
`it` all the way down and aand1 should be the one that binds `it` to
only the first clause. However, it sucks to break downstream code
willy-nilly.

I suppose what one really wants is "magic" that lets you remap symbols
when you use a package (similar in spirit to what Eiffel lets you do
when you do subclassiing... (n.b., my Eiffel knowledge is _way_ out of
date) or maybe something that mimics "darcs replace" to changes tokens
(only with proper language support so that things _never_ break (I did
say magic, remember!).

In this case, I'm happy enough with aand* and this is a much simpler
solution. In the general case, I'm not sure if there are good general
solutions but it's fun to think about them.

thanks,

--
Gary Warren King, metabang.com
Cell: (413) 559 8738