[anaphora-devel] aand only does the first argument?

Nikodemus Siivola nikodemus at random-state.net
Sun Jun 8 13:32:48 UTC 2008

On Sun, Jun 8, 2008 at 3:58 PM, Gary King <gwking at metabang.com> wrote:

>> Please no. Using compile time *FEATURES* to change semantics like that
>> is pretty horrible.
>
> Well then, a defvar?

Let me rephrase that: having any sort of magic that changes the
semantics of an interface is pretty horrible.

Granted, sometimes the line between "changing semantics" and "having a
flexible interface" is a fine one.

Maybe I'm missing something here, but what you propose seems to be
pretty squarely on the "changing semantics with a magic toggle" side
of the line. If we just add AAND*, then I don't see the need for the
toggle.

Cheers,

 -- Nikodemus