[anaphora-devel] aand only does the first argument?

Julian Squires julian at cipht.net
Wed Jun 4 11:16:57 UTC 2008

Hi Gary,

Sorry for the long delay in responding.  I'm unsure about what's best
to do here.

On Mon, May 26, 2008 at 4:37 PM, Gary King <gwking at metabang.com> wrote:
> I was surprised to find that aand only binds it to the first argument rather
> than binding each one in turn.

Indeed, so am I.  But it is as documented.

> where `it` is bound to the result of each test in turn. Is there a deep
> reason for preferring one over the other. Could both be included? Perhaps
> call the current one `aand` and the one I want `aand+` (ugh?). It could also
> be `aand-multiple`, `nested-aand`, ...

Do you have any suggestions for a better name for the nested one?  I
guess aand+ is the closest to acceptable, as I'd rather not have a
long name for this.  Ideally I'd like to replace the existing aand,
but I'm not sure what other programs might depend on its current
behavior.

Is there anyone else out there with comments on the matter?  If not,
I'm going to look at what some existing programs depend on, and
potentially replace aand with the multiple binding version
(potentially renaming the single to something like aand1), but make
the next anaphora release a major version increase.

Julian Squires