[xcvb-devel] XCVB 0.340, the my sanity's back edition

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Sat Jul 11 20:51:20 UTC 2009

So now with XCVB 0.340, most of our previous issues should have evaporated.

* The release tarball should "just work". Now with a target to install
the source code, and another target to bootstrap using ASDF.
           http://common-lisp.net/project/xcvb/releases/

[Quick poll: should or shouldn't the release tarball contain the .git
/ _darcs checkout information for xcvb and its dependencies?]

* my woes with with-compilation-unit were identified as some patched
SBCL being thoroughly confused when a lock is held while dumping an
image. Solution being to not dump the image inside of a
with-compilation-unit form (which is stupid anyway).

* Still plenty of work to do, but we now have a solid working basis
for a Lisp build system. Woohoo!

As Marx should have said, the principle of communism is From each according
to what he can't get out of doing. To each according to whom he knows.
        -- John McCarthy